is to give the Park an even more vital role in enhancing the quality of life for those who live within a 10-block radius of the Park, especially those who have the fewest options and choices for sports, play, recreation and communion with Nature.
The history of the Jackie Robinson Park, originally called Colonial Park, began in 1894 when the City of New York began to take over the land now bounded by 145th and 155th Streets and Edgecombe and Bradhurst Avenues. It was opened as a playground in 1911, just before the Great Migration changed the complexion of Harlem. The eastern border of the Park’s steep, rocky cliffs is the area ....read more
Jackie Robinson Park Conservancy serves Jackie Robinson Park located in Harlem / ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Jackie Robinson Park Conservancy 2014